Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Like Tacos...A Lot.

What's not to like about tacos? They're spicy, they're easy, and they're muy delicioso! But my favorite part about tacos? They're cheap, and you can live off of them for a few days or feed a crowd.

A family friend, Lori, suggested a recipe for Taco Soup. Right now I'm going mostly on suggestion because I'm having some trouble getting my mojo working for food. I've been pretty busy, school started two weeks ago and I'm going to start a new job soon. Hopefully I'll be up and running and channeling my inner Julia Child.

Taco Soup

2 lbs hamburger
1 chopped onion
3 cans diced tomatoes
1 can Rotelle tomatoes and chilies
1 can kidney beans
1 can chili beans
1 can corn
1 packet ranch dressing mix
tortilla chips
shredded cheese

Brown the hamburger and the onion until all the pink is gone. Add the rest of the ingredients (except chips and cheese) and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over crushed chips and sprinkle with cheese. Add raw onion or pepper on top for more heat.


This recipe makes a large amount, perfect for a party or freezing some.

PS: Follow me on Twitter! You get absolutely nothing out of it, but hey, it doesn't hurt anything.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Something else you can try, substituting the ground beef for ground turkey. Usually it's much cheaper and is quite a bit leaner. Good for tacos, spaghetti, you name it. A local store currently sells frozen, pre-seasoned ground turkey logs (I hate how that sounds) by the pound for a dollar, and it's delicious meat.

    ReplyDelete