Monday, September 14, 2009

Hug Me, Squeeze Me, Make Me Wine!


I've only been 21 for six months, and in this short amount of time I have learned absolutely nothing about alcohol. I don't drink very often, and I don't really like the taste. So when I do drink, I don't like to taste it.

In the interest of becoming a more well-rounded person, I tried a couple of kinds of wine this weekend. Both were under $15.00, and both were pretty good for someone who doesn't like the taste of wine all that much. I pretty much chose them for the bottle design.

The first bottle was called Polka Dot, a Riesling. It was sweet, not to overpowering, and quite nice. It didn't taste like vinegar or anything like that, just sweet. And best of all, not a strong alcohol flavor.

The second bottle was called Fat Bastard, and was a rosé. It was also sweet, but had a more fruity flavor. It was savored after dinner, and was very good with dessert.

Ok, so how is that for me pretending to be a wine critic? I don't know anything about it, but these were just my observations. For under $25, four people enjoyed wine for the whole evening.

Here
is the website for Fat Bastard Wines, and unfortunately I was unable to find a website for Polka Dot. Hope everyone enjoys their cheap wine choices as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment